Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Settling In...






Well, we're settling in at home. (Sort of) Casey is pretty nocturnal. She sleeps and eats like a champ all day, then when it gets dark out, she cries. And cries. And cries. She really just likes the sunlight, I suppose. Kyle and I are doing pretty well taking turns with her and trying to get sleep when we can. I feel like I'm back in the college days--minus the hangover, so I guess that's a plus :)




For those of you who didn't know, Casey and I spent Monday and Tuesday in the NICU. We had a follow up appointment with pediatrics because her bilirubin levels were elevated a bit when we left the hospital on Sunday and they were even higher on Monday. We got to "room in" which means that Casey was able to get treatment in the same "hotel" type room (located in the back part of the NICU wing) as I was staying.


We go back to the doctor to have the jaundice rechecked tomorrow, so hopefully that will go well. She's been eating, peeing and pooping a lot and those are all good indicators that all should check out OK tomorrow.




Here are a few more pics of her...including one of her in her "sunbed" at the hospital.


Hope you are all well~~~
Love,


Katie, Kyle, Casey and Jimmy

No comments: